CRITERIA FOR FUNDING SDR SURGERY RECIPIENTS
- Funding will be need based on medical grounds. Supporting documents from doctors and hospital performing surgery.
- Case presentation to the HCI board with photos and information about the child and surgery.
- Each applicant is asked to write a letter of request along with requirements under #1 and #2.
- Each applicant should submit a budget with breakdown of expenses.
- The board will like to meet each applicant / parents so they can have an interaction and mutual understanding of both parties.
- Handi-Care will coordinate and run the fundraising campaigns. The parents / caregivers of the child will help with this process. (HCI will receive funds and issue tax receipts to donors for any donation of $20 or more).
- HCI will cap the donation receipt by any individual donor at $10,000 per year (A couple would be eligible for $20,000 per year).
- There are no limits to corporate donations.
- HCI will retain 3% of such donations to cover admin costs and the balance will be spent on the treatment of selected children.
- HCI will wire transfer the funds directly to the hospital, upon mutual agreement with the hospital.
- The hospital will provide bank and account information for each child selected for surgery to facilitate money transfer.
- HCI will need confirmation from the hospital that funds have been received.
- A post surgery progress report of the child will be provided to HCI by the parents.
- Parents agree to periodically send in videos of the child to be used by HCI for information and promotional purposes.
Action undertaken by HCI:
- Funds will be disbursed directly to the hospital and not to individuals.
- Issue tax receipts by email for donations of $20 and more. Please allow up to 2 weeks to receive tax receipt. If the donor needs to know if the money has been received by us, he/she can contact us directly by email.
- Corporate donations can be invoiced / receipted by HCI.
- Funds raised for SDR will be kept in a separate “SDR project” fund for each child.