CRITERIA FOR FUNDING SDR SURGERY RECIPIENTS
- Funding will be need based on medical grounds. Supporting documents from doctors and hospital performing surgery.
- Case presentation to the HCI board with photos and information about the child and surgery.
- Each applicant is asked to write a letter of request along with requirements under #1 and #2.
- Each applicant should submit a budget with breakdown of expenses.
- The parents / family members of the child will basically run the fundraising campaigns. HCI will receive funds and issue tax receipts to donors for any donation of $20 or more.
- HCI will cap the donation receipt by a parent at $10,000 per year (A couple would be eligible for $20,000 per year).
- There are no limits to corporate donations.
- HCI will retain 3% of such donations to cover admin costs and the balance will be spent on the treatment of selected children.
- HCI will wire transfer the funds directly to the hospital, upon mutual agreement with the hospital.
- The hospital will provide bank and account information for each child selected for surgery to facilitate money transfer.
- HCI will need confirmation from the hospital that funds have been received.
- Confirmation and further recommendation for therapy for the child by the doctor will be provided to HCI by the parents.
- Any left over funds can be utilized for post surgery therapy. HCI will be invoiced directly by the service provider.
- Parents agree to periodically send in videos of the child to be used by HCI for information and promotional purposes.
Action undertaken by HCI:
- Funds will be disbursed directly to the hospital and not to individuals.
- Issue tax receipts by email for donations of $20 and more. Please allow up to 2 weeks to receive tax receipt. If the donor needs to know if the money has been received by us, he/she can contact us directly by email.
- Corporate donations can be invoiced / receipted by HCI.
- Funds raised for SDR will be kept in a separate “SDR project” fund for each child.