Hotmail login - hotmail sign in - hotmail.com - hotmail - www.hotmail.com
Hotmail is used all over the world. It is used to facilitate communication between different collaborators within a company. It is used to send promotions or advertisements. It is used to give news to his family, his friends, or acquaintances. Thus, today, everyone has one or more electronic addresses hosted by one or more electronic messaging services like @hotmail. If you have more than one address of hotmail.com, some may not serve you all the time.
Microsoft's electronic messaging service ( Microsoft Network or MSN ) is a tool that has changed its name several times over the years: hotmail, then Live Mail and finally Outlook and which allows you to connect to all the services of the Microsoft universe. Email addresses such as @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @ live.com are part of this universe. Whatever name you give it, today the connection to hotmail outlook is standardized and carried out in the same way. Only the level of complexity will differ depending on whether you want to establish a hotmail connection through a web interface or through messaging software or on a mobile phone.
How to create a new hotmail/outlook account?
hotmail.com became outlook.com a few years ago, so don't be surprised if you are redirected to outlook.com. Below are the steps for creating a new outlook account:
- When you type Hotmail.com in your browser, you will even be redirected to the site live.com
- There you will find Login option and if you don’t have an account, you can choose “Create a new one”!
- Then you access the registration form. You can choose between outlook.com, hotmail.com email. Your e-mail box will only be accessible on the domain name you have chosen, it can no longer be hotmail.com login
- Fill out the hotmail form and validate your registration.
- Remember to choose a password with at least 5 characters including upper case, lower case, numbers and special characters. This is to prevent hacking of your account with spyware.
- Now click on the Next step, specify First and Last Name of the person who will use this email.
- Indicate the Country of residence and the date of birth of the user of the Outlook / Hotmail account.
- Enter a phone number to receive a verification code by SMS. This number will also be used to confirm the identity of the owner of the Outlook box each time a new connection is made to an unrecognized device.
- The Outlook account is now created and after the signup now you can easily login to your new Hotmail/outlook account.
Connect to Hotmail With Your Web Browser
- The first step is to open up your web browser, whether it is Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera etc. Then go to the answer bar at the top and type the url:( https://outlook.com );
- Now you will see a window showing your email + password field and you have to enter (email address + password) there to login, whether hotmail, live or outlook;
- click on the box below showing Sign in field;
- Be sure to log out after reading your emails, especially if you are accessing your emails from a public computer, or using a public wifi connection.
Connect to Hotmail With an Email Software
To establish a connection to hotmail login via an e-mail software, all you have to do is set up an e-mail account with the information corresponding to Microsoft's e-mail servers. Most email software automatically detects settings for hotmail or outlook addresses.
However, you may need to manually configure the outlook login connection. Here are the parameters to use for a connection to hotmail-outlook on your email software:
- Incoming mail server
- Server Address imap : imap-mail.outlook.com
- Port: 993
- encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing mail servers
- Server address: smtp-mail.outlook.com
- Port: 25
- Authentication: yes
- Encrypted connection: TLS
There is also a means of connection via the POP3 protocol, but it is used less and less because it is less flexible than the IMAP protocol. The POP3 protocol loads all emails from the email provider's server (Microsoft in our case) onto the computer and deletes them on remote servers. This is impractical because there is no longer a backup copy of your emails as soon as they have been downloaded to your computer. In addition, the POP3 protocol does not allow you to consult an email account from several separate devices.
Connect Hotmail With Mail App Using Windows 10
On Windows 10, reading e-mail from a hotmail e-mail account is integrated into the Microsoft operating system through the pre-installed Mail software. The configuration is both less complex because we do not need to configure the address of the incoming and outgoing email servers, but longer because it is necessary to go through an intermediate operation: the creation of an email account in Windows for each email account.
To configure a connection to hotmail sign in, you must first set up an email account. To create an email account in Windows 10, follow the instructions below:
- Go to windows settings
- Choose “account settings”
- Choose “email and application accounts”
- In the “E-mail, calendar and contacts” section, choose the “Add an account” operation
- Choose “use another account”
- Choose “outlook.com” (valid for hotmail, live, msn and outlook addresses)
- Enter your email address
- Enter your password
- Then click on the "connect" command
- A message validates the creation of the e-mail account.
Once the account has been set up in Windows, we launch the Microsoft Mail application. Then we follow the instructions as we go:
- If the Mail application does not manage hotmail login account, the application will ask to add an e-mail account
- Choose the type of account corresponding to the connection to outlook or hotmail
- The list of e-mail accounts present on the computer then appears
- Choose the e-mail account whose e-mail you wish to consult
- A message indicates that the e-mail account has been created within the e-mail application.
Login Hotmail With Android Mobiles
You can easily access Hotmail Sign in using your android browser Chrome, Opera or default mobile browser. At the playstore one can found Hotmail app available but nowadays the new app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook is used by masses for using Hotmail app:
- The first step is installing the app and open it
- In Settings, choose "add an account"
- Choose an Exchange and Office 365 type account so as to synchronize e-mails as well as contacts and calendar
- By default, "Outlook, Hotmail and Live" type accounts only take into account e-mails without calendar or contacts
- Enter the full e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter password
- Click the hotmail sign in button and now you can access your mailbox.
Login Hotmail Using Your Ios, Ipad Mobile
If you have an iPhone, an iPad or an iPod and you have not yet synchronized it with your hotmail login box yet? Than this login guide is made for you! We will see how to configure your device to synchronize it with your hotmail mailbox.
Each apple product has a default mail application and not required any third-party app for the users to use any mail service. The steps are discussed below for how to login Hotmail:
- Go to "Settings".
- Select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"
- Select "Add an account "
- A list of mail clients is displayed, but not hotmail . Select “Other”
- Under "Mail" select "Add Mail Account".
- Fill in the fields "Name / First name" "Email address" and "Password".
- Select "Next" at the top right.
And, if you don't like this procedure than you have the definite option to download latest outlook from the apple app store by visiting the link shared: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-outlook/id951937596
A Great Collaboration Tool Office 365 With Hotmail
Like when you install gmail you may access to several features of google like drive, gsuite etc. The competitor Microsoft has also much more for you like skype, msn and office 365. Office 365 is a great collaboration tool and saves a lot of time for the people working with teams and has a lot of intuitive features for the Hotmail account holders.
Some of the features have been listed below:
- Skype when working together on the same document. Just click on the chat button to Skype with your colleagues who collaborate on the document.
- Send a link to the files instead of attaching them to your message. To do this, save the document you want to share on the Office 365 cloud, and send the link to the file from the Outlook Web app. This prevents several versions of the same document from circulating.
- Separate work and private life by creating two OneDrive accounts on the same smartphone. From the OneDrive app for Android, you have access to your private and work documents, which you prefer to manage separately.
- Convert notes to appointments and to-do lists with deadlines in your calendar. You can add meeting details, topics, and attendees to OneNote. To invite them directly, click on the "Email Page" button.
- Teach Outlook to select emails. Just as Gmail rejects spam and less personal mail from the main inbox, Outlook can also learn to manage them smarter. This Clutter service learns based on rules that you define.