Globally Recognized Early Intervention Program
Adopt A child (by sponsorship) in this program
We are sponsoring young children with disabilities to be able to access early intervention therapy services, through the award-winning Enabling Inclusion technology leveraged model. We are supporting children at Amar Seva Sangam and other NGOs supported by Amar Seva Sangam including Kiran Society, Udbhaas, Redington Foundation, V.O. Chidambaram Educational Society and GV Special School.
There are 2,548 children actively enrolled in these programs and 458 on the waitlist to join. For us to run this program effectively, we need your help and sponsorship. Each child needs 4 to 7 years of early intervention to achieve their maximum potential and prepare them for school integration.
3422 benefitted in EI program, with 2548 actively enrolled.
688 Children Successfully discharged
Providing home and centre based Early Intervention therapy and services….. Read more
65,502 Children Screened in rural areas
5,042 Workers Trained
Screened and identified children under the age of 6 for developmental delays in rural areas……Read more
Training programs held for health workers and educators…..Read more
How do I sponsor a child?
- 7 Years GRANT: A donation of of $2500 (CAD) creates a "Grant" for one child.
The money will be used over a 7 year period for complete rehabilitation services of the selected child. If the child gets discharged prior to the grant period, it will be transferred to another child.
- Yearly sponsorship: An annual donation of $400 (CAD) per child.
- Monthly sponsorship: A monthly donation of $35 (CAD) per child.
- Children age 0-10 with disabilities are admitted from very poor families, where the household income is very low.
- All services are offered free of cost to the children
- You can sponsor individual children from our waiting list.
- The EI app collects comprehensive data and outcomes on each child and reports of these children will be shared with donors twice a year.
- Technology infrastructure for Amar Seva Sangam and partner NGOs, including EI app hosting, maintenance and upgrades.
- Salaries for community rehabilitation workers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists / trainers, coordinators, psychologists, IT admin, office admin.
- Transportation charges for workers to go to children’s homes.
- Office Admin costs.
- Tablets for the rehab workers, computers for the office
- The services listed below.
- Holistic assessment and intervention planning for children with disabilities covering all their developmental domains.
- Parent support and training to integrate rehab activities into child’s daily live
- Occupational Therapy / Activities of Daily Living – feeding, toileting, etc.
- Speech Therapy
- Sensory integration (involving sensory stimulation for hearing, seeing, feeling and tasting).
- Special Education
- Vision and hearing therapy
- Assistive Device (ie wheelchair, walkers, hearing aids, etc.) assessments (please note that the devices are NOT covered)
- Environmental interventions (ie making home more accessible, sensitizing family members to the child’s disability)
- Psychological, and financial counseling for parents
- Social benefits – disability cards and welfare program connection
- Advocacy for school enrollment and integration through teacher training and school admin sensitization
- School and Classroom based interventions alongside their teacher and support workers
- Parent group formation for peer connection, motivation and advocacy
- Awareness programs to the community to decrease disability stigma and promote child inclusion into society
All these interventions are done with the goal of improving child development, promoting their inclusion in society and maximizing every child’s potential, as well as reducing caregiver strain. See our article which gives full details about how the program benefits children with disabilities and their families.
When does a sponsorship end?
- A child graduates out of the Early Intervention program once they have achieved developmental milestones to an extent that further rehab is not necessary or that they can be integrated into existing school rehab program offered by the government or enrolled into Amar Seva Sangam’s integrated school or Centre For Special Education. This can happen at any age, but typically will occur between age 9-11 and usually take 4- 7 years
- Your 7 years GRANT amount will last for 7 years and will be used for another child that is on the wait list, if the first child graduates out of the program prior to 7 years.
- A similar program in Canada with all the features listed above, costs upwards of $20,000 CAD, per child per year.
- In our EI program, community rehab workers provide the mainstay of therapy through weekly visits, but are supported and guided by rehabilitation specialists. This ensures the highest quality and standards of services, while keeping costs lower.
- ASSA is a very efficiently run organization with minimum overhead expenses and sincerely committed employees. The use of the EI app allows for efficient scheduling and maximizes the time spent by therapists with the patients and minimizes time spent on travel and office work.
- We also place PT/OT/ speech therapy professional and student volunteers from Canada, USA, UK, Australia and Europe throughout the year who provide capacity building and support for the staff at Amar Seva Sangam. These volunteers also provide direct services to children and parents and collect or purchase equipment they bring to ASSA, resulting in a significant cost savings.